Every time I think about the awful domestic terrorist attack that happened at Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina, my emotions spin in several directions from anger, sadness, rage, despair. The best way I can describe how I am feeling today is to say it feels as if there are multiple tornados colliding and I’m unsure which way to rotate!
My heart still aches for the lives that were taken. But, even in the midst of this storm, I have allowed my heart to receive a message of God’s grace and living life gratefully! The five year old little girl that survived the unthinkable attack during bible study at a church has truly blessed me! She has provided me with the following insights:
- In my Christian faith, I’m taught the importance of numbers. The number five means God’s grace. The 5 year old’s ability to survive loudly reminds me of God’s Grace and it is sufficient, even in these times.
- It is written before we are even born our destiny. Our hearts have to be pure as a child to receive His purpose. I must have the willingness to lay still, don’t move and allow God to cover me, protect me and see me through to His purpose for my life.
- God always has a ram in the bush! Trusting in Him in the midst of hard and even scary times, He will speak to you and provide you with what to do. You have to trust Him.
- In the midst of evil, God still wins! I’m not speaking about God allowed this to happen, I’m not going there. But what I am speaking of is that He has something very special in store for this little girl. She survived for His purpose and no evil could stop that.
- Finally, the terrorist and his evil doing cannot steal our victory. This will cannot stop me from pressing toward the mark of God’s high calling and working to effect change in our community. I found new strength, new grace and renewed determination through this little girl’s survival.
We cannot stop. We always have God’s grace with us. And I will always continue to live my life gratefully. Because it ALL works together for the good for them that love the Lord and are called for HIS purpose! #TeamGrateful #HisGraceIsSufficient #Grace #CharlestonMassacre